MUTYA ng Pilipinas 2009 WINNERS!!!
UPDATE#1, August 10, 2009, 11am Manila – I am finally awake with breakfast in the right spot and able to finalize this post!!!
I found these lovely photos online, from Joseph Kidlat Gonzales, the man behind the batangbaler.net website. I went to his website many times during the run-up to the Mutya ng Pilipinas 2009. Thanks much to Kidlat!
- WOW! When I included Jane Banares in my Top 11 Picks, I had no idea she’d take the top spot in the Mutya ng Pilipinas 2009. I included her mostly because she was a gorgeous sunflower among roses. It was her hair that first caught my eye, then her light colored eyes which contrasted with her kayumanggi complexion. I totally approve of her win; a total dark horse, this one!
- Jacqueline Schubert, who won the Tourism title wasn’t in my initial shortlist of favorites. Mostly because I did not really see her shine in the photos I found of her online. That’s the difficulty when all you have to go by is photographs. There’s nothing like meeting the girls, getting to know them better and seeing them in the flesh. I recieved one comment from a person who was so upset that I did not include his candidate and that I should go to Aurora, see the girls in person FIRST then make my choices. He does have a valid point!
- Jennielyn Natividad was my Top Pick based on the photos I saw. She certainly has the bearing of a Beauty Queen and I’m hoping she works on her weak areas and joins another National Beauty Pageant.
- Beauty Expert Felix Manuel had a good question on his Facebook -Why was contestant #10 Anna Baladad of Texas crowned Ms Overseas when she was not even in the semi-finals? Hmmmm….
- By the way, I need to thank Nimki Soller Hameed (4th Runner-up Mutya ng Pilipinas 2005) for supplying me with text updates on pre-pageant and pageant information.
Congratulations to all the organizers of the Mutya ng Pilipinas 2009 for another successful pageant! Out of my 11 Favorites, 10 made it into the semi-finals or won a special award! This is not a proper article as it is like 5am as I type and I want to get back in bed. So I won’t have any photos, just names of the winners.
The Mutya ng Pilipinas 2009 pageant ended at 2:30 am by the way, and here is the list of winners and special awardees:
Mutya ng Pilipinas Aurora Tourism Int’l – #26 Jacqueline Schubert of Northern Germany (one of my picks) Mutya ng Pilipinas International – #28 Jane Banares of Bicol (one of my picks) Mutya ng Pilipinas Overseas Communities – #10 Anna Baladad of Texas 1st RUnner-Up – #24 Samantha East of Toronto, Canada 2nd Runner-Up – #8 Jennielyn Natividad of QUezon City (one of my picks)
Best in Long Gown – #28 Jane Banares of Bicol (one of my picks)
John Robert Powers Personality Award -#18 Sheryl Guerrero of Aurora (award not given on stage) (one of my picks)
OPMB Web Choice Award – #14 Agnes Santiago of Pangasinan
Ms. Photogenic – #3 Dominique Lagrimas of Camarines Sur (one of my picks)
Best in Talent – #5 Katrina Lopez of Quezon City (one of my picks)
Ms Friendship – #23 Diane de Vera of Romblon
Best in Swimsuit – #26 Jacqueline Schubert of Northern Germany (one of my picks) Best in Sabutan (Gown) – #26 Jacqueline Schubert of Northern Germany Best Designer – Designer of #13 Jo Ann Peria of Palawan
#1 – Athena Mae Imperial (one of my picks)
#22 – Rene McHugh (one of my picks)
#3 – Dominique Lagrimas (one of my picks)
#8 – Jennielyn Natividad (one of my picks)
#12 – Mae Lanie Chan
#13 – Jo Ann Peria
#21 – Karen Nacario
#19 Mary Ann Buenaventura (one of my picks)
#24 – Samantha East
#26 Jacqueline Schubert (one of my picks)
#27 Jenroe Gubat (one of my picks)
#28 – Jane Banares (one of my picks)
OTHER AWARDS GIVEN DURING PRE-PAGEANT EVENTS: