Getting Ready for the Queens’ Parade at the BB Pilipinas 2013 Coronation Night!
About 2 and a half weeks ago, Bb. Pilipinas texted me saying that there would be a Parade of Former Queens on April 14, 2013, coronation night. And… that we will be PART OF THE PROGRAM!
Although the Bb. team did not inform me when in the program this will be, rumor has it that the Queens’ Parade will open the show and that host Martin Nievera will be serenading us.
The news threw me into a happy panic – I normally wear a simple gown and do my own make-up but now I had to level-up.
How does one get ready for such an honor? Here’s my game plan:
1) Gown – for me this was the hardest hurdle so I tackled it first. After some quick research I settled on designer Eric Delos Santos. I was even more pleased to discover that he was also dressing up beauty queens Marina Benipayo and Patti Betita for the Queens’ Parade. My measurement date with Eric Delos Santos was a blast because Patti Betita happened to be there. We had a grand time talking about pageant stuff! I’ll be posting more details on my gown the day before coronation.
2) Diet and Exercise – I went back to the strict phase of my all-time favorite diet, The 17-Day Diet and I intensified my 3x/week weight training sessions.
3) Facial – I don’t want to rely solely on make-up to give me flawless skin so a week ago I had a deep cleansing facial.
4) Hair & Make-up – I booked my good friend, makeup artist Ibay Litonjua to come to my home to do my styling. Lex Librea, another good friend helped me choose my hair-peg and shoe-peg. Below is a photo of how Ibay Litonjua styled me for a hosting gig I did a couple years ago. Isn’t she just fantastic?
5) Accessories – Bought 5-inch, strappy Gold Heels from Payless and Gold-Beige Chandelier earrings from Aldo. Underwear (why not be as thorough as possible?) from La Senza.
6) Practicing My Walk and my ‘Projection’ – Rehearsals for the Queens’ Parade will be the day before coronation so I’ll make sure to spend time on my strappy Gold heels, relearning the art of elegant walking, posing and smiling!
To my dear readers, my thoughts will be of you as I go up one more time to relive my beauty queen reign on April 14, 2013. And when I smile it will be my way of saying thank you. Thank you for making it not just a one year reign but a lifetime journey