Review of Miss Tourism Queen International 2013 and Complete List of Winners
FINALLY! MTQI posted the final results on it’s Facebook 6am the day after the coronation. But still there are no photos posted. The photo I got above was sent by an online contact who found it on a Thai pageant page. The previous MTQI winner is from Thailand. Scroll down for the official results.
Although I am glad that our girl Cindy Miranda entered the Top 10, there are many things that bother me about this year’s Miss Tourism Queen International. Here are just a few things:
1) MTQI’s Facebook photos look like they were taken by someone who just discovered the camera. Many were blurred and not properly framed. Even the chaperones had their photos posted.
2) In one of the parades, the contestants were made to walk on wet ground.
3) Contestants had to ‘hataw’ dance in their bikinis.
4) The Camping. The girls went to a lakeside and pitched tents then posed next to their tents in bikinis. WHAT? First of all, the whole camping thing looked so uncomfortable for the girls. But that’s just my opinion. For all I know, they enjoyed it. But then making them pose in their bikinis next to their tents was truly odd. Dapat naka-hiking or camping outfits sila. However, it was a very pretty lake…
5) Don’t even get me started on the photos showing the contestants fitting their gowns.
6) Terribly un-updated and confusing Facebook site. Up to now, there are no coronation photos on MTQI’s FB site. The complete list of winners was posted 6am the day AFTER the coronation. What gives?
Many of my readers know me to be a very positive person who always sees the bright side of things. So let me try to do just that:
1) Cindy Miranda entered the Top 10 in a nation that is currently fighting with the Philippines over territory. It tells me that the Chinese organizers liked her a lot but because of the issues between the nations they couldn’t let her get that far so a Top 10 placement was it. Just my opinion ha? Not a fact…
2) There are 3 China contestants in the Top 10 (Xianning, Hong Kong and China). Since they are all from China, they should be considered ONE competitive entry. If we go by that logic then the Top 10 is really a Top 8. Maybe that’s why the initial rumor online was that Cindy Miranda was in the Top 8 because they were lumping all the China contestants together. This makes Cindy’s achievement all the more difficult and laudable!
3) Many fans are now upset and saying we should stop sending contestants to MTQI. But I disagree. We should keep sending girls to this pageant anyway but in my opinion, we should be sending our runners-up. We should not give a Tourism Crown anymore in the Bb Pilipinas pageant. Sa tutoo lang, Supranational did so much better, was more organized, more glamorous and disseminated information quickly. The Supra crown should be elevated and the Tourism crown removed. We let our 1st Runner-up or 2nd Runner-up compete in MTQI. What do you guys think?
Here are the winners:
MISS TOURISM QUEEN INTERNATIONAL 2013
Official Final results
1. Best in National Costume – Miss Taiwan
2. Miss Bikini of the World – Miss Slovakia
3. Miss Press Princess – Miss Namibia
4. Miss Charm – Miss Finland
5. Miss Personality – Miss Myanmar
6. Miss Photogenic – Miss Romania
7.Best in Evening Gown – Miss Japan
8. Miss Talent – Miss Ukraine
9. Miss Elegant – Miss Armenia
10. Best Smile – Miss Singapore
11. Miss Friendship – Miss Latvia
TOURISM AMBASSADOR TITLE
1. Miss Tourism Ambassador of Europe – Miss Greece
2. Miss Tourism Ambassador of Oceania – Miss New Zealand
3. Miss Tourism Ambassador of Africa – Miss Namibia
4. Miss Tourism Ambassador of Asia – Inner Mongolia
1. Miss France
2. Miss China
3. Miss Hong Kong
4. Miss Korea
5. Miss Kyrgyzstan
6. Miss Latvia
8. Miss Portugal
9. Miss South Africa
10. Miss Xianning China (Host City Ambassador)